Video John and I did in 2012-2013
Also, the writing is fromposts from Facebook I posted Sept 4 2021
I am glad to read so many good Scriptural lessons lately. I was thinking today, and have heard this question before: How do you know that you are saved from Hell, that you’re right with God, walking in the right way, etc? This is an extremely important question to acknowledge, because there are many who claim to know Jesus Christ is their way to God, and really do. But there are many who claim to know Him and do not. So, from time to time, I have thought about how to answer this question, and I think it should be answered more elaborately, but, the thought in question was: Question – How do you know you are Born again, right with God, or walking in the right way?
So, also here is a good list from the video my husband, John, and I did, a list to show how to know if you really have the marks of salvation, to “know that you’re saved”, and that you are ready for Heaven: The evidences are these (and more):
- Being Born Again – John said being born again is like knowing that you have been changed inwardly.
- Repentance – You are now turning away from an evil way of life to a good, righteous life.
- Forgiveness of Sins – There is a sense of God having forgiven you for your past sins, His willingness to forgive present sins (1 John 1:9), and your willingness to forgive others of their sins (Mark 11:35).
- Good works – You honestly just want to do good things for people. It’s easy to be others’ focused.
5. Have a tender conscience for sin – Now you know that you have a tender conscience towards sins, and you want to get clean with God!
6. Want to live by the Bible – The Law, that is, the Word of God, gives you life. Especially if the Word is illuminated by the Holy Spirit.
7. Hungry and Thirsty – You desire to do good, and you see yourself as God’s creature!
There are other marks of “beings a Christian” that were mentioned that were not listed here, such as: having the fruits of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), having God’s spirit testify with our spirits that we are the children of God (Romans 8:15-16), having an intuition a “know that you know” (Hebrews 11:1), and these are very encouraging to recognize, too!
It’s so good to be in God!